<< back to main membership page
Affiliate membership is available to individuals of the medical profession, basic science or allied services whose interests and contributions are related to the advancement of hand surgery and hand therapy. Affiliate members have direct interaction with hand surgeons through service on the Board of Directors, Committees, and play an important role in Annual Meeting planning and programming. Scholarships and grants are also available to Affiliate members, including Annual Meeting travel grants and volunteerism funding. Affiliate members will have the following qualifications:
- Graduation or completion of training from an accredited training program.
- Certification, registration or licensure by state, national organization (i.e. P.T., O.T.) or Board of specialty.
- Specialized training relating to hand care, one (1) year of on-the-job training, or adequate continuing education.
- A minimum of one (1) year of active practice, with adequate experience in caring for the hand, such experience to be evaluated by the Membership Committee and Board of Directors.
Affiliate members must be approved by the Affiliate Membership Committee and Board of Directors and be elected into membership by the voting members at the AAHS Annual Business Meeting. Affiliate members may vote at the Annual Business Meeting and on Committees to which they serve.
- Professional photo
- Copy of certificate or letter from the certifying board or registering or licensing body verifying certification / license / credentials.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation; at least one (1) from an Active or Affiliate Member of AAHS.
- Copy of CV (include papers, books, chapters, presentations, organizations, and any other society memberships)