<< back to main membership page
Active Membership is available to surgeons who are board certified by the American Board of Surgery, the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, the American Board of Plastic Surgery, or their Canadian or Osteopathic equivalents. CAQ is not required. All candidates must satisfy the following qualifications:
- Training in hand surgery in an accredited residency or fellowship program;
- A minimum of one (1) year active practice, with adequate experience in hand surgery, such experience to be
determined by the Board of Directors and evaluated by the Active Membership Committee; and
- Demonstration and verification of competence in hand surgery according to standards determined by the
Board of Directors and evaluated by the Membership Committee.
Active members must be approved by the Active Membership Committee and Board of Directors and be elected into membership by the voting AAHS members at the Annual Business Meeting. Active members may vote and hold office in the Association.
- Application fee of $75.00 USD.
- Professional photo.
- Copy of certificate or letter from certifying board verifying board certification.
- One (1) recommendation from an Active, Retired, Emeritus, or Honorary member of AAHS (sponsor will be notified to upload letter).
- Copy of CV (should include papers, books, chapters, presentations, organizations and any other society memberships).