| Back to Job Search
||Academic Orthopaedic Surgeon - Hand and Upper Extremity
||The Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
||The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at The Medical College of Wisconsin is seeking assistant, associate, and full professors to be part of its growing clinical, education and research missions in sub-specialty area of Hand and Upper Extremity.
At Medical College of Wisconsin, we are dedicated to the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion and particularly encourage those of diverse backgrounds to apply. Our ideal candidate will have:
- Fellowship training in Hand/Upper Extremity.
- Strong clinical abilities and a passion for providing high-quality patient centered care.
- Well-refined interpersonal skills, and a desire to collaborate with our talented team of surgeons who choose to practice and innovate together.
- A commitment to our academic mission, and interest in participating in scholarly activities which could include education, research and/or QI work.
- Board Certification/Board Eligibility in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Eligibility for unrestricted Medical Licensure in the state of Wisconsin.
- The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at MCW includes 38 clinical faculty members, 5 active research faculty members, 24 advanced practice providers (APPs), 25 residents and 4 fellows.
- Our Hand and Upper Extremity team includes 4 APPs and 4 fellowship trained faculty members and 1 Fellow.
- Affiliated clinical sites include Froedtert Hospital, Children’s Wisconsin (CW), Zablocki Veterans Administration Medical Center (VAMC), Froedtert Menomonee Falls Hospital, Froedtert West Bend Hospital, and several ambulatory surgery centers in SE Wisconsin.
- The faculty and APP’s provide more than 79,000 outpatient visits and 7,300 surgeries annually.
Medical College of Wisconsin
At the core of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is the pursuit of new knowledge and the power of academic medicine. Bringing together the world’s top scientists and clinicians, inspired students and invested communities, we are driven to solve the most complex challenges in health and society. MCW is home to a diverse group of thought leaders collaborating to build a healthier world and a continuous cycle of life-changing knowledge.
As a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists, and health professionals, MCW is home to more than 1,500 students in the Medical, Graduate, and Pharmacy Schools, and over 900 physicians in residency and fellowship programs. Approximately 1,650 physicians, 750 nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other healthcare practitioners care for approximately 521,000 patients of all ages annually.
The beautiful campus of the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center (MRMC) houses Froedtert Hospital, Children’s Hospital and Health System, Curative Care, Blood Research Institute of Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin, and the Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Division. These member entities share a common mission of excellence in patient care, medical education, biomedical research, and community service.
Located along the Lake Michigan shoreline, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is one of America’s great cities, combining a dynamic urban community with a rich cultural heritage with access to parks, rivers, and other outdoor recreation. Milwaukee is home to corporate headquarters for industry leaders including Northwestern Mutual, Johnson Controls, Manpower, Harley Davidson, and others. Milwaukee is a popular venue for sailing, windsurfing, kite-surfing, ethnic dining, and cultural festivals. The city is recognized for its museums, fine dining and hotels, professional sports, parks, and Milwaukee County Zoological Gardens.
||The Medical College of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Interested individuals should contact:
Gabrielle Pollard, CMSR, FASPR
Sr. Physician Recruiter
Acceptance of job listings for the AAHS Job Board is at the sole discretion of the AAHS. AAHS does not guarantee, warrant or endorse any program or position listed.